Cheryl Townsend Gilkes
John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Professor of Sociology and African-American Studies
Areas of Expertise
- African-American religious history
- Race and ethnicity in the U.S.
- Comparative race relations
- African-American women, history and social change
- Sociology of religion
- Deviance and social control
- Social problems and public policy
- Black women, history and social change
- Black religion, religious ideas and practices
- Gospel music
- W.E.B. Du Bois
The directory information is for individual use only, it may not be retransmitted or published for any reason. It is not to be used for mass solicitations by email, mail, phone, or other means. Sale or other distribution of this document is prohibited by College policy.