Campus Food Policy
All food and beverage services on campus are to be provided by Colby’s dining services. Exemptions from this policy must be approved in conjunction with dining services and the Campus Events Office at least ten days in advance.
Organizations or individuals requiring food or beverage service in any facility at Colby may not sell or serve food or beverage that is provided by commercial or domestic sources. Any event on campus involving the cooking, preparation, handling and serving of hot or cold food items, including fundraisers, must be in compliance with Maine state health and safety laws.
Policy for Foss Dining Hall Use
- All requests must be approved by the Foss Dining Hall Manager (or his designee) in consultation with the Events Office.
- The space cannot be obtained until 10:00pm the earliest. The space must be clean and presentable by 8:00am for the following morning. Failure to do so will result in loss of scheduling privileges, and user will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the space to normal. (It is recommended that the program does not start until 10:30pm to give adequate time for set-up.)
- Users of the Foss Dining Hall who wish to program will be required to pay $15.00 per hour for a dining service employee to oversee the Dining Hall during the event.
- The space must be used as is. Dining Hall furniture cannot be cleared from the space or rearranged. Any damage to the furniture will be charged to the individual/organization/department reserving the space.
- The program to be hosted in Foss Dining Hall must have heavy emphasis on the use of the stage.
- Programs that occur in this area are to be chem.-free. Repetitive damage to or abuse to the space will result in the space being offline for scheduling.
Click here to complete the Foss Dining Hall event form.