Colby guarantees opportunities for global engagement and learning.
Colby is committed to supporting appropriate global engagements for the scholarly growth of faculty and students and the pedagogical enhancement of the academic program. In addition to semester or year-long study abroad programs, Colby ensures equal access to other opportunities for global engagement through Colby’s distinctive Jan Plan program as well as summer research. Our commitment includes administrative support, financial aid, relevant counseling and medical preparation, internships, rigorous and engaging off-campus study opportunities, and dynamic curricular and co-curricular programs.
Colby was an early recipient of the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization which recognized values and trends that continue at Colby.
- Our commitment to global content in the curriculum
- A study-abroad participation rate of almost 70 percent
- A significant non-U.S. student population—10 percent of the student body
- A world of students on Mayflower Hill—80+ countries represented
- Partnership with the Davis United World College Scholars Program—more than 200 Davis Scholar alumni since 1999
At Colby you’ll enhance your understanding of human difference by studying global issues. You’ll learn from others by engaging in lively classroom and dinnertime discussions with your peers and by immersing yourself in cultures of the world by studying abroad.