Career Resources for Global Studies Students
Things to Remember when applying to Grad School or starting the Job Search
When Requesting Letters from Professors:
- Give plenty of time to write
- Provide forms, self addressed, and a stamped envelope
- Provide supporting material to write a good letter, including a cover sheet explaining your program, your goals, a reminder of classes taken with them, projects completed transcript, resume, research paper, and a copy of your application essay
- Ask your adviser to critique your application essay
- Always follow up with a thank you note
Below are a list of International Organizations Offering Jobs and/or Internships:
Ejobs – Governmental job postings in the environment, search for jobs by state, salary surveys, resume resources. Total comprehensive environmental career site.
DevNet Jobs – Internships, jobs, and fellowships in international development.
Idealist – Grassroots and activist change internships and jobs.
Development Opportunities (especially overseas)
Roll Call (jobs in DC)