OFFICE OF GRANTS AND SPONSORED PROGRAMS
CATALYZING IDEAS. CONNECTING PEOPLE AND PLACES.
Welcome to the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs. On this website you will find an abundance of information and resources to help you at each step of the grant process, from discovering funding sources and developing proposals, to budget analysis and research administration.
For questions relating to grants at Colby, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FY2019 BY THE NUMBERS
Grants allow Colby to invest in our world-class faculty and students and in the greater community.
NUMBER OF GRANTS SUBMITTED
PERCENT OF GRANTS AWARDED
56% (combined rate)
NUMBER OF FACULTY ENGAGED
LARGEST ACADEMIC RESEARCH GRANT
- PAVING NEW ROADS: DOWNTOWN WATERVILLE TRANSIT CORRIDOR, GATEWAYS, AND REVITALIZATION
- FINDING THE MISSING LINK: NASA PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY GRANT
- REVITALIZING WATERVILLE: BILL AND JOAN ALFOND FOUNDATION GRANT FOR COLBY’S MIXED-USE DOWNTOWN RESIDENCE AND THE DARE NORTHWARD CAMPAIGN
- SMALL TOWN, BIG IMPACT: COVENANT FOUNDATION SIGNATURE GRANT TO THE CENTER FOR SMALL TOWN JEWISH LIFE
- LEARNING CHINESE THROUGH ART: EAST ASIAN STUDIES STARTALK GRANT
- ENGAGING WITH THE ARTS: MELLON FOUNDATION GRANT TO THE LUNDER INSTITUTE
Can’t find a story you’re looking for?
Archived stories can be found on the Impact section of this website by visiting any of its associated pages. Stories are sorted based on the area(s) they impact, such as the Arts and Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary Studies, or Engagement and Policy.