Health and Counseling

Fitness of body. Soundness of mind.

A healthy life starts with a healthy body

Because this community is at its best when our people thrive, we make your physical and mental well-being a priority. Getting the most out of your time here depends on maintaining the balance of energy and peace of mind needed to take advantage of the many opportunities. Confidential, on-campus medical and counseling services are available at no additional cost to every Colby student. Health and Counseling services at Garrison-Foster Health Center provide education, care and preventative services to help you get the most out of your Colby education and build strong habits for a healthy life.

Contact Information, Hours, and Appointments

Health Services

Office hours

Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm :  Saturday and Sunday – 12pm to 5pm

Contact us

Garrison-Foster Building, Room 205,
4490 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, Maine 04901
P: 207-859-4460
F: 207-859-4475

Counseling Services

Office hours

8:30 a.m.-12 p.m., 1 p.m.-5 p.m.

Contact us

Garrison-Foster Building, Room 205
4490 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, Maine 04901
P: 207-859-4490
F: 207-859-4495

After-Hours and Emergency Care

Health Services

Health Services Emergency

For medical emergencies on campus, call : 207-859–5911. Update * Fall 2020 : For the health and safety of all members of our community, including our Colby Emergency Response student workers, health emergencies will be handled by Colby Security for the first 2-3 weeks of the semester. As always, for ANY  EMERGENCY call for assistance by dialing 207-859-5911.

After-Hours Care

For medical care when Colby Health Services  is closed, please visit an area hospital or medical clinic.

Counseling Services

Counseling Services Emergency

To reach an on-call counselor during business hours, call 207-859-4490 and inform our Administrative Coordinator that you are having a mental health emergency. To reach Colby’s on-call counselor after hours, call 207-859-4490 and press “0”. For off-campus emergency support 24/7, call Crisis and Counseling Centers Crisis Line at 1-888-568-1112. If you have reason to believe a student is suicidal, consult the Colby College Protocol for Safeguarding Students at Risk for Suicide for guidance on how to respond.

Student Health Portal

The Student Health Portal is an online service for securely communicating through  your medical record with staff at Health Services . Here, you can also access your immunization records, upload medical documents, complete pre-appointment forms, and review patient education from previous visits.

Online Resource Library

    About the Library

    Feel free to browse our Online Resource Library.  This information is provided as a means to encourage participation in your health and well-being and is not intended to replace consultation with a licensed professional.

    College Transition

    General Well-Being


    Common Illnesses


    If you have questions regarding your medications, please contact Health Services to make an appointment with a  practitioner.

    Mental Health

    Counseling Services are available to all Colby students free of charge. All meetings are confidential.

    Suicide Prevention


    Healing Racial Trauma

    First-Gen Students

    LGBTQ Resources

    Eating and Body Image Concerns


    Exercise Nutrition for Athletes Students may consult with Colby’s Registered Dietitian and/or the Sports Medicine  Department about healthy eating and exercise. Nutrition and Weight Maintenance Students can call Health Services to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian Disordered Eating Counseling Services, Health Services, Sports Medicine,  Colby’s Registered Dietitian and your Class Dean will collaborate together to support any eating related issues that interfere with your success as a Colby student.

    Sexual Health

    The following sites provide general information on a wide range of sexual health concerns. Remember: these sites are for informational purposes only. You should contact Health Services if you think you may have an Sexually Transmitted Infection. Testing at the Garrison-Foster Health Center is confidential.

    Substance Use, Abuse and Dependence

    Students can call Counseling Services to make an appointment with a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor