Ergonomics is the study of fitting the job to the worker rather than the worker to the job. In an office environment this focuses on proper furniture, adjustment, setup/arrangement, and employee training. The following material can be used as an excellent resource to educate yourself on how to self evaluate your workstation and make corrections. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate contact the EHS Director.
- Office Ergonomics Training:
- An interactive presentation to help individuals evaluate and recognize issues with their workstation
- Safety Works Maine Video Display Terminal Training Program:
- Presentation on Maine’s VDT law, workstation setup, and corrective action
- Workplace Ergonomics:
- Checklists and strategies to recognize and prevent workstation related injuries