Colby’s Wellness Mission
The mission of the Colby Wellness program is to improve the health, well-being, and quality of life for all Colby employees by promoting a supportive environment that helps facilitate health education and healthy lifestyle choices.
Our vision is to offer educational opportunities which support healthy choices for employees and their families, resulting in a healthier, happier, more welcoming Colby community.
Our mission and vision will be attained through the following goals:
- Communicating and promoting health and wellness opportunities on campus and locally
- Offering holistic educational programs related to exercise, nutrition, physical, emotional, and mental well-being
- Leading the way by promoting our mission in our daily interactions with others
- Building a community committed to physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being for all constituencies
- Yielding positive results through our efforts based on metrics provided by our healthcare provider
Wellness Working Group
The Wellness Working Group (WWG) is charged with helping to connect Colby faculty and staff with College and community wellness opportunities and programs, in order to raise awareness of wellness among College employees. The group currently has three major activities per year:
- The Health Fair, held in the fall which focuses on health care, internal and external health and wellness resources, biometric screening, and more
- Various educational programs, lunch and learns, and wellness challenges to improve overall habits and health
- Act as health and wellness ambassadors to promote and educate the Colby community on the health and wellness options available
Members of the committee are drawn from a wide cross-section of Colby employees as well as representatives from Cigna Insurance. If you are interested in participating, contact Human Resources at ext. 5500.
Current Wellness Offerings
BurnAlong features an on-demand fitness library with thousands of different fitness classes led by certified instructors to help promote your healthy lifestyle. BurnAlong gives you the ability to work out on your schedule, with live and prerecorded classes that can be taken by yourself or with friends and family! No matter what your fitness goals are, whether they are building strength and endurance, relieving sore and aching muscles from a long day, or just getting your heart pumping, BurnAlong offers classes in over 45 categories to ensure that your personal fitness goals can be met. Click here to learn more and to sign up!
Cook like a pro at home with the Culinary Institute of America (CIA)! As a DISH member, you get exclusive access to vast archives of recipes, videos, tips, techniques, classes, and more. Members also receive exclusive deals and discounts to CIA restaurants, boot camps, stores, select partners, and to other miscellaneous products and services. Click here to learn more and sign up!