Colby was an early recipient of the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization.
The award recognized values and trends that continue at Colby.
- Our commitment to global content in the curriculum
- A study-abroad participation rate of almost 70 percent
- A significant non-U.S. student population—11 percent of the student body
- A world of students on Mayflower Hill—76 countries represented
- Partnership with the Davis United World College Scholars Program—more than 200 Davis Scholar alumni since 1999
At Colby you’ll enhance your understanding of human difference by studying global issues—half of our majors have an international component, and each student must fulfill international diversity and foreign language requirements. You’ll learn from others by engaging in lively classroom and dinnertime discussions with your peers and by immersing yourself in cultures of the world by studying abroad.