- Cell service is provided for faculty/staff members who require it for business.
- The primary purpose of Colby paid cell service is for official business.
- Supervisor and Administrative VP approval are needed for each new service. A Request Form must be submitted to begin this process.
- Colby cell service centrally contracted, with any equipment remaining the exclusive property of Colby.
- Plans are cost-effective yet robust enough for all uses. Few alterations are permitted.
- Cell expenses are charged to departments. Other reimbursements/stipends are not permitted.
(NOTE: Exceptions to any of these processes are rare and can only be made by the Administrative Vice President.)
SmartPhone plans are billed at $95/month, including unlimited talk and text, shared 200GB of data between a maximum of 25 people/account. Also includes Travel Pass between Canada/US/Mexico as well as basic international calling. Contact the ITS Support Center with any questions about international coverage.
Colby office desk phones are capable of linking to Colby cell phones using a feature called twinning. Unlike call-forwarding, twinning treats the cell phone as a secondary desk phone allowing the user to switch back and forth between the two during a conversation. Caller ID for incoming Colby calls appears as the caller’s extension unless the caller has a customized caller ID. Twinning must be configured at the telephone switch for the requested extension(s). To set up this service, contact the ITS support center.
For college-owned cell phones, please contact the ITS Support Center at 207-859-4222 or x4222 from on campus. You can also email [email protected] with questions or issues.