The following instructions are for OSX version.
- Select the ‘Colby Access’ network from the Airport program menu icon on the OSX menu bar
- If prompted, enter your Colby username (without the ‘@colby.edu’) and password in the dialog box. If you quickly see a message about ‘connection timeout,’ click the submit/OK button again—this is a bug that affects certain Apple hardware types
- You may receive a dialog box prompting you to accept a certificate (shown below) that will be from one of Colby’s domain controllers (its-dc2, dc3 or dc4). Click ‘Continue’ to accept the certificate. The certificate will be stored in your computer’s key chain so you will only need to do this once
If this procedure does not work or if you are still unable to connect, try the following:
- Select the AirPort icon again, from step one above
- At the bottom of the list, select “Open Network Preferences”
- In the “Network Preferences” window, make sure that the padlock at the lower left corner is unlocked. If it is locked, click it to unlock it (this requires administrator privileges and will ask for a password)
- Click the “Advanced” button at the lower right of the “Network Preferences” window
- You will now see a list of “Preferred Networks”—which are networks your Mac already recognizes.
- If ‘Colby Access’ is listed here, select it and press the (-) button at the bottom of the list to delete the profile
- Click the (+) button at the bottom of this list to create a new network profile
- Fill in the dialog boxes as follows:
- Network Name: Colby Access
- Security: WPA2 Enterprise
- Username / Password: choose one of the following
- Enter your Colby username (without the @colby.edu) and password if you would like to automatically connect to this network. Note: if you change your Colby password, you will need to update this profile.
- Leave these fields blank if you prefer to be prompted for your password when you connect to the network.
- Click “OK” to finish the profile setup
- You will now see ‘Colby Access’ in the list of “Preferred Networks.” It is recommended that you move this network to the top of the list, using the (+) button, while on campus
- Click “OK” again, and then “Apply” to finish this setup
- You should now be able to select and connect to the ‘Colby Access’ network.
If you experience problems, contact the ITS Support Center at [email protected] or ext. 4222.