Colby ITS merged our support centers in July 2017.
In July 2017, ITS launched a new approach to our helpdesk and support services. We merged our three support centers, Faculty/Staff, Student Computer Services, and Media Resources, into one: the ITS Support Center. We turned your feedback into a more streamlined customer service approach with one point of contact to support the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
Our Vision for the ITS Support Center is:
to provide consistent, responsive, and professional support with outstanding customer service.
- Provide a single location, a phone number, and a single email so that customers can easily contact us and receive responsive service.
- Assist our customers to get the training and resources they need to do their job.
- Increase the capacity of the ITS Support Center by having more staff and student workers able to respond to a wider variety of support issues.
- Improve our capacity to handle calls with a goal of answering every call during operating hours.
- A single location for the ITS Support Center in 146 Lovejoy.
- One phone number, 859-4222. The other two numbers, 859-4224 and 859-4245, will be forwarded to 859-4222 when the new ITS Support Center launches.
- Longer hours during the Academic Year:
- Monday through Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hours during the summer and during breaks are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ITS student technicians will answer the phone and be the first line of support for walk-ins.
- ITS students technicians will be an integrated and essential part of our team and trained to support a broader set of services.
- Media Resources has a number of changes:
- To align classroom technology with the academic team, David Pinkham has transitioned to Academic ITS.
- Audio Visual Event support transitioned to the ITS Support Center and continues to be coordinated by Arleen King-Lovelace.
- The equipment loan inventory has moved to Miller Library and integrated into the library’s current equipment loan inventory.
- We will be training more students for classroom support. The same excellent service you get today will continue. Classroom support is a priority
- During the academic year, Miller Library will help with questions related to:
- Connecting to printers
- Wireless connectivity