May 17, 2013
Jewish Studies presentations at Beth Israel
Several members of the Jewish Studies program participated in Beth Israel’s Night of Learning, which celebrated the holiday of Shavuot.
- Miles de Klerk ’13: “Jews, Maronite Christians, and Food in Waterville”
- Rabbi Rachel Isaacs: “Comparing Ezra and Ruth: An Intra-Biblical Debate about Intermarriage?”
- Michelle Seares ’13: “On the Ordination of Women Rabbis”
- Prof. Rob Weisbrot: “The Legacy of Clara Lemlich, Radical Jewish Woman in the U.S. Labor Movement”
- Charlotte Wiesenberg ’13: “The New Promised Land: Maine’s Summer Camps for Jewish Youth in the Mid-20th Century”