Gabe Stowe, Resource Sharing Library Assistant III
As the Resource Sharing staff member I am responsible for obtaining and processing books, articles and more for the general library community from other libraries worldwide. I also am responsible for sharing those same resources owned by Colby with other libraries. I train and supervise a team of students to perform many of the daily Resource Sharing tasks.
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Honest, Dependable, Collegial
2. What do you value most about your work?
I get a deep satisfaction from providing much needed or wanted material to students, faculty and others. Hearing some of the great feedback I get when somebody gets something they have been either craving or desperately in need of makes my day.
3. When not at work, what three activities do you enjoy the most?
Hiking, shopping, and of course reading a good book snuggled up with my wife.
4. What are your reading/watching/listening to?
I am reading the “Way of Kings” by Brandon Sanderson, watching Dexter, and listening to the Violent Femmes.
5. In your own words (talk about something you’re currently working on, and the impact you think it will have).
I am working with our ILLiad concierge to revamp our ILLiad webpages. I believe this will help me get better and more specific information in interlibrary loan requests, and better tailor it specifically for Colby’s needs.