While the Libraries’ physical spaces remain closed to the campus community, to provide access to CBB and MaineCat collections during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, as of August 3rd, requesting materials from Bates, Bowdoin, and MaineCat will be available for current faculty and staff. As with requests for Colby materials, materials requested from Bates, Bowdoin, and MaineCat will be available in the lobby of Miller Library.
In keeping with best practices for handling library materials, all incoming materials from Bates, Bowdoin, and MaineCat will be quarantined for 4 days upon arrival, which will impact turnaround time. We appreciate your patience as library staff adheres to guidelines for safe handling of materials, prioritizing the health and safety of library staff, and the health and safety of our campus community.
To request materials:
- To avoid cancellations, please wait until August 3rd to place requests for Bates, Bowdoin, and MaineCat materials.
- Identify an item in the catalog and use the CBB Request link to place a request to have the item pulled.
- You will be notified via email when your requested item is available. Materials will be placed on a book cart located in the lobby of Miller Library, just outside of the library’s glass doors.
- Materials will have been checked out and desensitized.
- Picking up materials does not require Library staff to be present. As access to Miller is restricted to current Faculty and Staff, once you’ve received a notification that your materials are available, they can be retrieved at any time between the hours of 6:00am and 6:00pm, including weekends.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us here: email@example.com