Accessing Library Services
The physical libraries are still closed, but you can take advantage of Colby Libraries’ online resources. To access these resources you’ll need:
- A Colby account (Colby’s single sign-on page can be found here).
- To access some online services and resources you will need to use Colby’s virtual private network (VPN) client (PULSE) which allows you to connect to many Colby College resources while off campus.
- An inter-library loan (ILL) account. Set yours up here (Note that at this point only materials available electronically can be requested through ILL: interlibrary loan of physical items is not yet operating).
Resources for Fall
Some materials used in spring classes were only TEMPORARILY provided by vendors.
As you plan for fall, check CBBcat to make sure we still have all the items you need for fall classes.
For electronic materials, make sure the record has a “Colby Access” link.
If you don’t find materials you need, fill out our Suggest-a-Purchase form and we will try to obtain the items.
Suggest a Purchase
We are still purchasing new library books and materials – especially electronic resources and digital resources. To request materials please use the suggest a purchase form.
We’ve had a campus New York Times subscription for 1 year! That means faculty members are likely to need to renew their accounts this summer (student accounts are valid until graduation).
To renew, follow the set up instructions.
Returning Library Materials (Books, etc.)
Library books can be returned using the book drops located in Cotter Union, just outside of the book store. You may also return your books by mail to the following address, using low-cost United States Postal Service (USPS) media mail:
Colby College-MILLER LIBRARY
5100 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, ME 04901
Need a prepaid shipping label? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and we’ll send you a prepaid label:
- Your name
- Your full address, including zip code
- Total weight of the package