The Language Resource Center (LRC), located in Lovejoy 404/406, provides a wide range of technological and traditional resources and services for faculty. It:
- functions as a classroom with 16 Macintosh computers, two Windows workstations, and one teacher’s station. Each station is attached to headphones and a microphone. The teacher’s station connects to a digital projector and has capabilities for displaying Blu-ray DVDs, or a laptop connected through either VGA or HDMI.
- has two high definition scanners for scanning documents, images, and slides.
- has public workstations that are configured to support different video and audio editing software, such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Audacity.
- provides group and individual workshops and training sessions to help faculty and students with video and audio editing and other media technology, such as subtitling a film. All lab monitors can help with getting started and troubleshooting.
- provides large format poster printing for research projects and classes.
Faculty can reserve the LRC for classes, workshops, or as a place for discussion. Qiuli Wang, the Director of the LRC, can be contacted at [email protected] with any questions. To reserve the LRC, click here.