The Language Resource Center (Lovejoy 404/406) offers the following resources for students:
- Each computer in the lab is equipped with headphones and a microphone.
- The lab has 2 scanners – they can be used for scanning images, documents, and negative slides.
- Productivity software:
- Microsoft Office 2016 – this suite includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Adobe Acrobat DC – used for viewing and editing PDF documents.
- Language learning software:
- Antidote – for French grammar correction and word lookup.
- Auf geht’s! – an interactive program for learning German language and culture.
- NJ Start – a program for writing Chinese.
- Rosetta Stone – software for learning Portuguese, Arabic, Karen, Hindi, Swahili, etc. Students can use it in the lab or request online access here.
- Multimedia software:
- iMovie and Final Cut Pro – used for video editing.
- Audacity – for audio recording and editing.
- MPEG Streamclip and QuickTime 7 Pro – for video conversion.
- Handbrake – for DVD ripping.
Students are encouraged to ask the LRC lab monitors for help with using any of the LRC’s resources.