Our department offers majors in Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences and a joint major with Economics. We also have a Mathematics Minor. A major in Mathematical Sciences can also have a Concentration in Statistics. Honors are possible in both Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences. Learn more about the honors program and see a list of recent projects.
You can read our department’s learning goals and reflect on how your courses have enabled you to progress on the road to mathematical maturity.
If you’re interested in studying mathematics and statistics at Colby, let us draw your attention to several features of our department:
- A premier 1st-year Honors Calculus sequence for the most mathematically adventurous students, as well as other engaging 1st year calculus courses for those without prior to exposure to calculus. (We have plenty more information on calculus placement.)
- Many advanced courses in Algebra, Analysis, Geometry/Topology, and Applied Mathematics.
- State-of-the-art introductory and advanced courses in Statistics.
- A vibrant mathematics and statistics colloquium.
- A community of mathematics and statistics majors and minors with wide-ranging interests and career goals.