During the academic year and during the summer there are a limited number of research opportunities in the Colby Math/Stats department. For more information on those opportunities, please speak with a professor. There are many other opportunities available, however! And the department may have money to help fund your travel! Email Professor Taylor to inquire.
Here is a partial list. If you know of others, we are happy to add them. Every year there are many specialty conferences, some of which may be of interest to undergraduate math/stats majors.
- National Joint Mathematics Meetings (January 16-19, 2019)
- Joint Statistical Meetings (July 27 – August 1, 2019)
- MathFest (July 31 – August 3 2019)
- North Shore Undergraduate Math Conference (usually in April, near Boston)
- Women In Mathematics In New England (Sept. 22, 2018. Register by Sept. 7)
- Quebec-Maine Number Theory Conference (October 6-7, 2018)
- Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
(January 25-27, 2019, Application deadline October 2 – 9)
- Women in Math and Statistics Conference @ Harvard
- List of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) in math and other disciplines
- MIT Undergraduate Summer Research Program