During the academic year and during the summer there are a limited number of research opportunities in the Colby Math/Stats department. For more information on those opportunities, please speak with a professor. There are many other opportunities available, however! And the department may have money to help fund your travel! Email Professor Wieczorek to inquire.
Here is a partial list. If you know of others, we are happy to add them. Every year there are many specialty conferences, some of which may be of interest to undergraduate math/stats majors.
- Women In Mathematics In New England (September 21, 2019. Registration is free but due by September 6)
- Women In Statistics and Data Science Conference (October 3-5, 2019)
- Quebec-Maine Number Theory Conference (October 5-6, 2019)
- NextGen Data Science Day, New England Statistical Society (November 16, 2019)
- National Joint Mathematics Meetings (January 15-18, 2020)
- Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
(January 31 – February 2, 2020, Application deadline October 1-8)
- Women In Data Science Conference (March 2, 2020; local event TBD)
- North Shore Undergraduate Math Conference (usually in April, near Boston)
- Women in Math and Statistics Conference @ Harvard (spring 2020)
- MathFest (July 29 – August 1, 2020)
- Joint Statistical Meetings (August 1-6, 2020)
- List of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs) in math and other disciplines
- MIT Undergraduate Summer Research Program