Great Books Institute
July 16 – July 22, 2023
Join us for the 67th Annual Great Books program!
For generations, participants and families have convened on the beautiful campus of Colby College to discuss great literature and share their perspectives on these works of art. The participants, who share a passion for reading, have formed a community of friends who enjoy coming together for an informal but serious discussion about various works of literary art. In addition to the adult program, Great Books also has a junior program for children and teens.
This Year’s Theme: Authenticity
Participants will review and discuss the following great books:
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nature & Self-Reliance (Essays)
- Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man
- Walker Percy, The Moviegoer
- Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Magda Szabo, The Door
- Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha