Explores the best-selling book of all time by focusing on the first part of the Bible, i.e., the Hebrew Bible or Old Testament. We will study famous biblical characters and analyze challenging and unexpected narratives. Students will gain an informed understanding of this rich collection of texts by concentrating on their literary, social, and historical contexts. We will also take into consideration the ways in which these texts have been used in contemporary poetry, film, art, and music.
- Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
- BREIF Overview of Jewish Faith
- Genesis 1: Creation from Void
- Genesis 2: Creation and Nature
- Noah’s Arc: Flood Stories Comparisons
- Apocalyptic Writing