Sunday, May 23rd Senior Move Out Timeline
Colby Room Draw
Housing ResourcesHousing applications, instructions, and floor plans—everything you’ll need to be an expert in picking a room at Colby:
- How to use Symplicity during room draw. (PDF)
- Residence Hall – Floor Plans
- Housing Process 2021-2022
- Concord Coach
- The Concord Coach buses pick up from the Augusta Transportation Center at scheduled times and can take students to the Portland Transportation Center, Boston Logan Airport, or Boston South Station. The average cost for a trip to Portland is $16, $36 to South Station, or $41 to Logan Airport.
- Greyhound Bus
- The Greyhound Bus is similar to Concord Coach, however, it picks students up from the J & S Oil station on Kennedy Memorial Drive in Waterville and can take students to Portland for $22-27, or Boston for between $30-40
- Both of the bus options go to Portland and riders can then transfer/ride on to get to Boston. Often students will take a bus to Portland Transportation Center in order to connect them to a bus that will get them to Logan Airport.
- The Northeast Limo Service run by Ron LeClair is often used by Colby faculty, staff, and students to secure smaller modes of transportation to local or regional airports. Individuals may reach out to Ron directly at 207-680-6430 or email@example.com
- Colby often contracts airport shuttles and buses for local programming with Country Coach Bus Services LLC. Country Coach may be able to assist smaller groups that organize themselves with regional transportation. The best way to contact Country Coach is via phone at (207) 563-5466.
Taxi ServicesWaterville has a number of taxi operators that can assist students with travel to the Greyhound bus stop or the August Transportation Center. Taxi options can be found at this link.
Amtrak DowneasterThe Downeaster train operates four daily round trip routes between Brunswick, ME and Boston, MA. Riders can board the train in Brunswick or at the Portland Transportation Center. Individuals wishing to utilize train service would first need to secure transportation from Colby to Brunswick or Portland.
Rental CarsColby has a long-standing relationship with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Individuals that meet the rental requirements have the option of renting a car to get to larger transportation centers or airports.
Local Colby Sponsored TransportationColby College Security Office operates the primary local Colby transportation, the Colby Shuttle & Jitney which runs locally to transport students around Waterville.
- The Colby Loop & Commons Shuttles travels consistently from Campus to our downtown residence hall located on Main Street.
- The Colby Jitney Service is a reservation-based transportation system students may utilize to travel locally in Waterville, excluding downtown Main St. The Jitney can be utilized for transportation to the Greyhound bus stop on Kennedy Memorial Drive.
Ride SharingIf the above options do not work, the Office of Campus Life encourages students to think about working with friends, hallmates, and peers to carpool. There are a number of platforms available for use to connect with other students for rides such as class year Facebook pages and Instagram pages as well as GroupMe. Please contact the Office of Campus Life with any questions at 207-859-4280 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living with students gives first-years constant access to advice, information, and support from those who already know their way around.
- Being clustered with other first-years within mixed-year housing means new students get to learn with and lean on others who are just getting started.