Colby College families may choose to participate in the tuition payment plan administered by Blackboard. Please keep in mind that it is best to enroll as early as possible to avoid having to make up prior payments that may have been missed. The payment plans administered by Blackboard can be used to cover the entire bill or the balance remaining after financial aid. As well, Blackboard offers an easy set-up process and convenient electronic payments.
Please note: Do not enroll in the payment plan for a period in which you are studying on a program NOT BILLED by Colby College. This includes non-Colby programs approved by the Office of Off-Campus Study.
The Comprehensive Fee for the 2018-2019 academic year is $69,400. The fee includes tuition, room, board, and activities, and payment structures remain the same as in previous years. As always, we remain committed to meeting the full demonstrated need of our students, and Colby’s financial aid packages include grants in lieu of student loans.
- Fall, four-month payment plan: families can choose our Fall payment plan with the first payment due on July 1, and the final payment due on October 1
- Spring, four-month payment plan: families can choose our Spring payment plan with the first payment due on November 1, and the final payment due on February 1.
- Full-Year, ten-month payment plan: for students who will be enrolled at Colby for the entire academic year, families can choose our full-year payment plan with the first payment due on May 1, and the final payment on February 1.
How to enroll:
- Visit the Cashnet Payment Portal
- Select Colby College from the drop down list
- Follow the instructions to enroll
All available plans and applicable payment options, fees, and disclosures will be presented to you during enrollment. An enrollment fee will apply and other fees may apply. Enrollment in and availability of plans may be subject to state law limitations. The Cashnet Full Service Payment Plan is administered by HigherOne dba Cashnet, a Blackboard Inc. Company.
Tuition Payment Plan 2019-2020 IMPORTANT CHANGES
Colby College partners with Cashnet, a Blackboard Company to offer two payment plan options for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students who plan on attending can select a 4 month plan for either fall or spring.
- Enrollment for the 4 month plan for Fall 2019 begins on May 1, 2019 and ends on July 31, 2019, with first and final payment dates of June 1, 2019, and September 1, 2019, respectively.
- Enrollment for the 4 month plan for Spring 2020 begins on October 1, 2019 and ends on December 15, 2019, with first and final payment dates of November 1, 2019, and February 1, 2020, respectively.
*Please note, later enrollment may result in catch-up payments to bring the CashNet Contract up to date*
We understand that planning for college has been years in the making and we are committed to helping our students and their families understand the cost and financial impact. Offering these payment plans allows our families to design a more manageable payment option to better suit their own financial needs.
We highly recommend using our new tuition payment calculator to estimate cost, to get started please click here.
To enroll in a new tuition payment plan or for additional information, please visit the Cashnet site at http://commerce.cashnet.com/paymentportal or call their Customer Care Department directly at 1-877-821-0625.
Please note participants in any payment plan may continue to receive monthly statement reminders from Colby until the student’s account is paid in full. If the amount budgeted by the family does not appear to be sufficient to cover the student’s bill by the end of the term, a reminder may be sent to the family from Student Financial Services.