Professor Kerry Sonia
- New Book Publication – Caring for the Dead in Ancient Israel [Link Here]
- Professor Sonia was just awarded an NEH fellowship in support of an upcoming book on social and ritual dimensions of childbirth in ancient Israel.
- Torn Garments and Calamity Mourning in 1 Kings 11:30 [Link Here]
Professor Nikky Singh
- “Tasting the Sweet: Guru Nanak and Sufi Delicacies” in Cultural Fusion of Sufi Islam: Alternative Paths to Mystical Faith (Routledge Studies in Religion, 2019).
- “The Vision of the Transcendent One: Feminist Hermeneutics and Feminine Symbolism in the Sikh Scripture” in The Bloomsbury Research Handbook of Indian Philosophy and Gender (Bloomsbury Academic, 2019).
- “Bhai Vir Singh: Local Poet, Global Resource” in Beacons of Dharma: Spiritual Exemplars for the Modern Age (Lexington Books, 2019).
- “Guru Nanak’s Sensuous Metaphysics” in Sikh Formations: Religion, Culture, Theory, Volume 15, 2019.
Professor Ryan Harper
- Professor Harper has written three recent essays – “States of Compromise,” in the Tahoma Literary Review (2020) Pushcart Prize Nominee; “No Taproot: Amy Clampitt at 100,” in Spire: The Maine Journal of Conservation and Sustainability (2020); “Taken in Evangelical America,” in Killing the Buddha (February 2020)
- Professor Harper has written extensively in poetry. Recent publications include – “Pine on the Penobscot,” The Maine Review (May 2020); “Little Missouri Overlook, Theodore Roosevelt National Park,” Spoon River Poetry Review (Summer 2020); “Mucalinda,” River Heron Review (August 2020)
Professor Charles Orzech
- Professor Orzech published a monograph last May on Museums of World Religions: Displaying the Divine, Shaping Culture.
Professor David Freidenreich
- 2020 “Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Perspectives on Food and Jewishness,” in Feasting and Fasting: The History and Ethics of Jewish Food, ed. Aaron A. Gross, Jody Myers, and Jordan D. Rosenblum (New York University Press), 157–69. [link to pdf]
- 2020 “‘What is That to Us?’: The Eucharistic Liturgy and the Enemies of Christ in the Beam of the Passion,” co-authored with Véronique Plesch, Studies in Iconography 41: 104–30. [link to pdf]
- “Corona Guidance: Religious Norms for Navigating the Covid-19 Pandemic”
Jimmy O’Leary ’15: Master of Theological Studies – Harvard Divinity School, Spring 2021
Lucy Soucek: Master of Science, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism (2021). Lucy won the Peter Keller Editing Prize awarded by the faculty to the student who shows the greatest promise in editing.
Jay Holman & Molly Rogers: Wedding on September 25, 2021, in Stowe, Vt. Officiated by Professor Nikky-Guninder Kaur Singh.